cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all!  I just took possession...

pzulkoski
Guest Contributor

Hello all!  I just took possession of my very 1st Sea Ray this week... a 2018 SLX 310.  I appear to be having problems with the 12" and 7" Medallion Viper ll touch-screen setups on the helm.  The 12" isn't showing any charts and the 7" won't allow me to select the SiriusXM icon to set up SiriusXM radio.  Do I need to install software for the carts and a blackbox for SiriusXM?  In addition, where is the SD card slot if I do need to install software?  Thanks in advance to all who reply!

5 REPLIES 5

EricN
Guest Contributor
I would think that someone from the dealer that sould you the new boat would be able to provide an orientation and ensure that set-up gets completed?

pzulkoski
Guest Contributor
One would think that would be the case, right? I contacted them yesterday and am waiting for a reply.

EricN
Guest Contributor
In my (limited) experience, the dealers have a limited service staff on Saturday and are usually closed Sunday. I'd call again first thing tomorrow and I would expect they'll be happy to help.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
You will need to purchase a card with the maps loaded on it. There is some additional set up needed. The card slot is on the back of the unit, and difficult to find- but it is there. These Medallion screens have so much (to much??) info on them, an hour orientation on just the operation of the screens would be helpful to any new owner.

raalesia
Guest Contributor
We have had our 2018 190 SPX for about a month now and we really enjoy many of the improvements over the 185 BR we had. However I had the same problem with the dashboard screws that another poster had. Also only one speaker worked on the stereo. I called the dealer and he suggested I remove one to check the wiring. Sure enough the other three weren't connected. The wiring was there but not hooked up. Now my tach doesn't work. I'm sure the dealer will make it right and we won't let it interrupt our very short NY summer but SR needs better final assembly QC. Even if it was assembled in Mexico