cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP needed to confirm Taylor Windshield...

Den
Guest Contributor

HELP needed to confirm Taylor Windshield Part: The parts manual for my 2001 Sea Ray 280 SS does not show the part number for the starboard wing (flat panel glass).  The boat has a radar arch…….Is there a resource or an alternate parts manual which would identify the part numbers so I can order the glass and make sure I get the right one?  Or is there someone I can contact other than a dealer?

2 REPLIES 2

fwebster
Guest Contributor
This may help you understand the process for Sea Ray parts:

Sea Ray has graciously made their knowledge base (parts lists,archives for spec. sheets, option lists, etc) available to owners on the SROC site. The parts list is an internal document and therefore has some limitations for owners. The parts lists contains only a brief description of the items Sea Ray buys from vendors. In the case of your windshield, SR buys a complete windshield from the vendor, so it is unlikely that you will find part numbers for the separate parts of the windshield on the parts list.

There is no conversion chart or list for converting the SR part # to the vendor's part number. However, Sea Ray's internal system does contain that information. You can contact SR customer service and explain your need and they can probably help you with the vendor part number.

But.....the windshield is from TaylorMade. Sea Ray has a master vendor agreement that prevents the vendor from selling directly to customers. Sometimes on older boats, you can get a vendor to sell repair parts, but TaylorMade historically has not been willing to breach the vendor agreement with Brunswick. To buy TaylorMade products for Sea Rays you will have to go thru your local dealer.

That tells you how the system works but it doesn't help you get the glass you need. Have you gone to a local auto glass shop? They should be able to make a pattern and order tinted, tempered glass and install it for you.

Den
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I think I may have to go the auto glass shop route on this...