cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi gang!  Just bought a 240 Sundeck,...

CharlieM
Guest Contributor

Hi gang!  Just bought a 240 Sundeck, 2007.  It looks like new except for the 5” four in one gauge display.  The cover is, I assume, weather checked and pretty hard to see through.  I see I can replace the whole thing for about $500 but is it possible to just replace lens?  It has a black face and I’m only seeing that option directly from Sea Ray.

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Is there a close up image showing the problem that may be attached?

https://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/53/9/7005309_20190304115536591_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1299821

CharlieM
Guest Contributor
Well, Friday I could. It’s at the lake and I’m at home.

wingless
Rising Contributor
It may be useful to also yank the dash panel so the clamp retaining the gauge to the panel may be removed.

Once removed, then examine the gauge construction.

It may be that the front bezel is crimped around the gauge body, limiting the disassembly / repair options.

Close-up images showing the construction would also be useful.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Have had same problem on several sea Ray's. Front cover not replaceable. You can get it off, but is crimped on. Tried using a donner gauge to get glass off of without success. Found one on eBay withe entire set of gauges for next to nothing.

CharlieM
Guest Contributor
Thanks Hydro. I’ll hunt one down.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
163728409814 eBay item number. Think might be what your in need of

CharlieM
Guest Contributor
Thanks Hydro. No, that’s not the 4-in-1. And the face has nearly the same cracklings mine do!

Dano11
Guest Contributor
Try spraying inspect repellent containing DEET on a rag and wipe the lens off. It works on head lights too.

CharlieM
Guest Contributor
Well, at least it’s cheap to try! Thanks!

Dano11
Guest Contributor
Well forget about the Deet solution. It did not work for my speedo. It does work wonders on cloudy headlights