cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2016 19SPX-OB.  Has the...

MWH54
Guest Contributor

I have a 2016 19SPX-OB.  Has the standard stereo radio with the two speakers in the cockpit area.

I'm looking to add two additional speakers to the bow area, using the mounting locations that already exist.

Question; how do I route the speaker cables from the dash area to these two speaker locations in the bow? 

Is there a trick to doing so?  It appears that the area in from of the dash is closed off, cannot reach or fish around.

Any tips will be appreciated!

Mark - Treasure Island, FL

5 REPLIES 5

Desert_Soul
Guest Contributor
My solution is either a piece of plastic 10mm pipe or the clip on edge of Cabling Conduit. Both bend around the hull and allow you reach the end from the speaker hole. Attached the new cables to the end of the pipe and just push it from the dash area. When taking one around to the other side, you pobably have to go through the anchor locker - use some of the pipe (with cable inside) in that area to protect the cable from the anchor and chain. Good luck 🙂

EricN
Guest Contributor
I wonder if the factory wiring has the connections for the bow speakers already there, just not used?

MWH54
Guest Contributor
I'll find out once the cutouts for the speakers are removed. Thanks!

MWH54
Guest Contributor
Happy to report that, upon cutting the holes for the 2 additional speakers in the bow, the wiring for the speakers was already in place. Just attached to the new speakers and they worked fine.

Thanks, EricN!

EricN
Guest Contributor
Mark - great news!! I'm up in Orlando and trailer my 19 SPX if you ever want to do a boat meet-up! 🙂