cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2017 19 SPX with 13 hours...

adribrz17
Guest Contributor

I have a 2017 19 SPX with 13 hours on it. Went to get gas the other day and noticed my Sea Ray oval emblem is no longer present, and can see the outline on my fiberglass with the adhesive residue. Called my dealer regarding this and he said he could order me one bc he doesn't think it's covered under warranty. And that it's  $40-50, and they don't just "fall off" I must have hit something. I DID NOT hit anything. And my boat is tied/docked on my starboard side, not my port, where the emblem is missing. I have heard other people tell me that it SHOULD be under warranty, no questions asked. I emailed Sea Ray customer service to inquire about this before I pay out of pocket. Thoughts?

17 REPLIES 17

wingless
Rising Contributor
Allow Sea Ray customer service to resolve the problem.

Bridog
Guest Contributor
They sometimes do just fall off. Your dealer is incorrect and should take care of this for you. Had it happen to me on my previous SR.

Savard
Guest Contributor
Love to hear how it works out for you. 2016 SPX with Port side emblem gone as well.

M300
Guest Contributor
My emblem fell off on my 2017 SeaRay SPX21 with 20 hours on it. Same problem. It was covered under my warranty. I wonder if it is a glue problem or manufacturer oversight. I applied the new one myself and it has stayed on, now at 50 hours.

adribrz17
Guest Contributor
@Matthew Schramm how long until you got your approval from Sea Ray? They submitted the claim (finally) on Wednesday. He was kinda a dick about it.

M300
Guest Contributor
My deAler not sea ray shipped me one next day. I did explain that I didn't hit anything as well. They agree at 40 grand that a 10 dollar sticker shouldn't fall off. Small potatoes to stress over bro. It's a sticker. Not the hulk or engine.

adribrz17
Guest Contributor
@Matthew Schramm $10? My dealer told me I would have to pay btwn $40-$50 for a new one! That's when I questioned the warranty, and he started accusing me of hitting something. I was like really? I felt like he was talking down to me because I am a female/owner of the boat as if I don't know anything about them. He was all kissing ass to me during the sale and as soon as we had the keys and drove off the lot he hasn't really been accommodating. I did contact Sea Ray directly after talking to him and they said the dealer handles any warranty concerns. I've been told the same thing by other SR users that they had no issue getting a new one from the dealer. If for whatever reason it comes back "denied" under warranty I will not be happy if he tells me I have to buy a new one.

Bridog
Guest Contributor
If your dealer is giving you a hard time over an emblem I hate to think of what will happen if you need them for anything serious. Good luck to you. They shouldn't be making this stressful.

M300
Guest Contributor
Agreed. Terrible dealer. My dealer keeps these in stock and not an issue if you just bought the boat and under 100 hours. Gee whiz.

jayteemac3
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 SLX 250, same problem, parts of my rear emblem were gone, my dealer has ordered replacements for no charge, this is a known problem for Sea Ray and you should pay nothing for it

RML_L
Guest Contributor
Find another honest dealer in your area, if possible. You should not have to arm wrestle with the dealer over this issue, nor should you have to suffer his speculative and shoddy detective work as to the cause of your minor problem. Print your issue and the responses from fellow members and bring them to him to show what is generally and specifically thought of him. Perhaps you will have to go to the Sea Ray company itself (Brunswick Corporation) and get them involved. They should have concern about a dealer operating this way. Monthly car sales are off year-over-year for eight months in a row now, imagine what boat sales are doing . . . A sliding economy does not do wonders for already-poor dealer attitudes!

adribrz17
Guest Contributor
@R M L & L I went on the SR website last night to find another local dealer and they were the only ones listed! Oh and I do plan on printing this out to show him others have had no issue getting a new one, and that it is a common issue.

Paint_Peddler
Guest Contributor
I have a 2012 260 sundeck and mine fell off. I did not hit anything and still had one. You could tell from the adhesive that only a small portion was stuck to the hull. I was also told I could buy them if I wanted new ones.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
They do just fall off - they shouldn't but they do. Contact Sea Ray directly - they should help if the dealer doesn't. But the dealer should.

adribrz17
Guest Contributor
@Paul Ferrara @Brian Nolan @Edward Ashegh @Matthew Schramm @John McKenna @R M L & L @Thomas Kilcourse @Tim Clapper 
I received a voicemail while at work today from my dealer stating that my emblem is there for pickup. I know they did submit a claim through warranty so I'm assuming it was covered! I will update you when I get it next week!

adribrz17
Guest Contributor
Got my new emblem today. Sea Ray forwarded my complaint to the dealer so it was quite awkward. He was very confrontational. And it was covered under warranty.

Bernie
Guest Contributor
Who was the dealer?? I don't want to buy a boat from him if this is the way he treats his clients.