cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2017 210 SPX Mercury150...

M300
Guest Contributor

I have a 2017 210 SPX Mercury150 Outboard.  A mechanic recommended I install a trim limiter, so when I trim up (max) the steering bar on the back of the outboard engine doesn't keep hitting the fiberglass of the boat and damage the steering bar mechanism over time.  

I noticed searay installed a grey block piece on that part of the boat so it hits that and not the fiberglass itself..  However, the mechanic says it should never hit the grey block piece either.

Has anyone experienced this, is this of concern and would they recommend getting this installed?

I purchased this boat brand new in 2017, so I am confused why Searay wouldn't already have installed a trim limiter for brand new boats if this could break the steering bar mechanism over time on trimming up?   

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
I would call the dealer and SR to inquire.

gypsmjiminc
Guest Contributor
IMHO, there is never a need to raise the motor all the way up. When anchored on the sandbar you only need to go high enough that the prop is away from the bottom. When trailering, you only need to clear the tilt lock. If moored, just get the prop out of the water.