cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchased a 2017 spx 190...

darryl_biggskto
Guest Contributor
I have purchased a 2017 spx 190 ob.
A lot of things had to be fixed, ( speakers, depth finder, captains chair, double chair hinge, back rest, nav lights ...). One thing I cannot figure out is the porpoising!

Fully trimmed down it gets up on plane no problem, I only have to tap the trim up a little bit, it doesn’t even get to the first trim bar on the gauge and it’s too much trim. I asked the dealership about this and if the motor had to be dropped a few bolt holes. They said they’ve tested it out on others and put it back to the factory bolt settings.

I had it out today with my parents and even my mother asked “ does it always ride like this..”.

Has anyone out in searay land had this issue with an outboard spx 190??

I am currently running a 17pitch enertia eco as well. Tested a ton of props but that one worked the best. Only prop I did not try was the enertia 18 pitch.

Help!!
4 REPLIES 4

darryl_biggskto
Guest Contributor
Also!, The dealership has honestly been the best for fixing the boat and helping me out. I will be taking it out with them to see what can be done

joefirm
Guest Contributor
I have an 2017 SPX inboard and i leave it trimmed all the way down and never touch it. If i raise it just a hair it doesnt run right so i just leave it.

Adam210
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 I/o and I have read and realized that the old way to trim a motor is not needed on this hull

MWH54
Guest Contributor
I have a 2016, same model. As you noted, getting on plane is no problem, however the dash trim gauge did not register but a small range of the changes made to trim. Talking with a tech, this is caused by a faulty trim sensor converter, something they see often. They replaced this item and problem solved. Marine Max SKU #2826393, cost $65 plus installation. Hope this helps!