cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in salt water. Any suggestions...

Indytrailmike
Guest Contributor

I'm in salt water. Any suggestions regarding fresh water rinse additives such as Salt Away. 19 SPX OB, Merc 150

3 REPLIES 3

TyDal_Wave
Guest Contributor
We have an 06 300 in St. Petersburg. We had a flush out kit installed on both engines. We use Salt Away and the flush tool both can be bought at West Marine. Very simple process. Fill flush tool clear canister with Salt Away attach to hose and then snap on flush out tool to quick release on engine mounted flush kit. Turn on water, turn on engine. Canister will turn clear once the Salt Away has been injected. Turn off engine and water. For I/O's best to have boat raised on lift when flushing otherwise you are still flushing with salt water.
Best time to flush is when engines are still warm. Hope this helps.

RG_Smith
Guest Contributor
I also use SaltAway faithfully and my 2003 didn’t have to have new manifolds until 2015. I bought the boat new and it has always been in Salt water. Sea Ray 182 SRX.

JNLBROOKS
Guest Contributor
you can also run some dawn dish soap through after you flush it out and it will clean and also lube the impellar at the same time just add to the water when your running the motor!!