cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I replaced the factory Clarion...

Latis
Guest Contributor

I replaced the factory Clarion CMD5 in my '08 Sundeck 240 with a CMD8. Clarion changed the CNET cable for the remote units from 6 pin to an 8 pin connector. The Sundeck's steering wheel has the push button control option built in which allows control of both the radio remote options as well the Smartcraft display. The wiring for those control modules connect in to the boats main wiring harness as well as what was the original 6 pin radio control. Unfortunately, the control modules are powered through this radio connection.

Before I go probing with a multimeter, I wanted to ask if anyone out there has already worked through this and figured out the pinout configuration of the steering wheel module 6 pin connector, and how it translates to the 8 pin radio harness. I called Clarion and they were only slightly helpful but I don't want to rely on their tech's information especially when the Smartcraft system is involved. The wiring schematics I have for this boat do not cover this feature. 

Appreciate any insight or help. Thank you.

Adam

2 REPLIES 2

Double_Trouble_
Guest Contributor
i just changed mine. discountcarstereo.com has an adapter so you can use your old remote with the new stereo. Works great and no feature loss

Latis
Guest Contributor
Double Trouble....did your boat have the integrated steering wheel controls? I tied the conversion adapter but that didn't work for the steering wheel controls.