cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought my first Searay, a...

Davidf
Guest Contributor

Just bought my first Searay, a '94 200 signature OV I/O - want to wire in a Deckmate anchor system and wonder how to get the wires behind the liner and if I wire into one of the unused switches and that gets me power?  

Any help much appreciated 

Thanks

David

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

This only needs to be posted once.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/81/29/7798129_0_270320210534_12.jpg

My speculation is that the starboard side, up near the rub rail, is where the existing wiring is run by the factory, such as for the nav lights.

It looks like the bow and side upholstery panels are retained to the hull w/ reusable push on / pull off "Christmas tree" fasteners.

A windlass is going to require a pair of fat high current wires, properly run per ABYC, to a switched and fused point near the battery. My 2000 380DA boat is wired with circuit breakers and a push on/off contactor for the windlass.

The windlass will also require at least one set of control wires. Mine has control wires at the helm and at the bow. Control at both locations is very useful.

Davidf
Guest Contributor
this is very helpful -especially the info about the panels. The deckmate has a remote switch that connects to the main unit via a 25ft cord. I attached pictures. The power connection is via two 12 ga wire as per pic. The instructions say just use 10ga wire.
I'm wondering if those two wires could go to a switch on the dash that is tied into electrical harness. Is there typically a block with labled connections for each switch? Id so I don't have to run two wires all the way to the battery. The dash switch would control the power to the unit and the remote switch would then power the up down.?

dracoss
Guest Contributor
She is a beauty..I have a 1990. Always think about a windless. Show me how you do and you;ll inspire me to get it done.