cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a ‘19 SPX 210 with...

michael_norrick
Guest Contributor
Just purchased a ‘19 SPX 210 with the 200hp Mercruiser Sterndrive. I haven’t been out with it yet but have questioned my decision to purchase “only” 200 hp. Don’t plan on any extreme stuff but will on occasion pull tubes and an occasional skier. Will the 200 hp suffice given my needs?
4 REPLIES 4

User16060682746
Guest Contributor
For that absolutely. It funny because growing up as a kid we did this stuff with a 90 Evinrude!

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
The difference in speed between your engine you chose and the upgrade is minimal except for the price difference, if for some reason and I doubt it you want a quicker “hole shot” simply have a separate prop for the days you are skiing, this would be the most economical route including fuel consumption however I doubt you will need to do this either. Good luck with your new toy!

Hugo
Guest Contributor
God decision on the boat. You'll be fine. For those days skiing, have fewer people onboard and no issues. If you want to get skiers out of the water easier with your current hp, explore Insanity Pylons. It's a portable pylon that makes a huge difference on the angle of the tow rope.
I use one an a 23' SR bowrider and it makes a huge difference - especially for us who have chronological assets!
Have a blast.

lyleski
Guest Contributor
Agree with what has been said. Should be enough for what you want to do. Have fun with that boat!