cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2022 SDX250, and so far everything...

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor

New 2022 SDX250, and so far everything is going well. That said, why there isn't a bracket on the cabin door is beyond me. Is there consensus on how to size, buy, and install a proper bracket to hold the door in place when it's open? I've seen them at a boat supply, but there are a few different sizes, and interestingly most were sold out. TIA!

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Why not post an image(s) showing the desired part?

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor
I can't find a picture, but the best analogy is the door holder at a bottom of a screen door with the latch that allows you to lock it to stay open.

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
You are talking about a gas strut. I got one for my 290 at west marine. I agree it should have been original equipment. Measure how far the door moves to find the size you need.

sabray107
Guest Contributor
We find ourselves in the same boat both figuratively and literally. So far, we have used a door stop and bungee cord to hold the door open when needed. Not sure if a gas strut would work for us, but I will definitely look into it.

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor
I talked to someone else and that’s exactly what they did as well, so I think it’s the right solution.

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor
By the way if you have a screen have you cleared your Connection Issue on the SimRad screen? So far it’s still baffling me.

sabray107
Guest Contributor
Not sure what Connection Issue you are referring to with the SimRad. So far, I haven't had any issues with it. Add a photo. Heading out tomorrow morning, so I will check it out then as well.

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor
Not my photo but this is the error message. Walking through Mercury Setup clears it, but then it loses connection at next startup. Engine data never comes through on the display.

sabray107
Guest Contributor
Must be a screen for stern drive. Mine is outboard.

jeffcoplan1
Guest Contributor
Ok yeah got it.