cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We purchased a (new) 2019 27 SDX...

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor

We purchased a (new) 2019 27 SDX last year.  Going into our second season, the Simrad screen has frozen and will need warranty replacement.  Anyone with similar experiences?  The boat has less than 20 hours.  

12 REPLIES 12

Ripptyd
Guest Contributor
I have the 2017 230 SLW. Boat has 20.5 hours on it. I had screen lock up issues last summer. Boat had a recall to upgrade rudder brace assembly. Factory techs came out to CA and fixed rudder. While they were here they ran complete diagnostics on UL systems. They could not find anything wrong.
Have not had issues this season.

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the comment. Simrad told my dealer that they would not warranty the screen until they sent it in, leaving me with no instruments for a period of weeks. My dealer (Walstrom's) stepped up and is ordering me a new screen and will deal with Simrad. Now, let's hope the screen gets here ASAP. Boating season is short here in N MI.

wlreval
Guest Contributor
I had a similar experience in my 2018 27 SDX. This occurred during the second year that we owned the boat. After diagnosing the problem our dealer contacted Simrad and received a complete replacement unit. They did not have to send in our old unit until they installed the new one.

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your comments. At the time of this writing, we are still waiting for our replacement screen.

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
My 27 sdx did the same thing, and the dealer said the same, but I downloaded an update to my simrad and no more locking up

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the information, my dealer attempted the update with no success. Still waiting on the new screen

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Just a quick update - Walstrom's came out and replaced the screen and it seems to be working fine.

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Great news, sounds like your back in business

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Sharing my most recent update. The installation of the new screen only partially solved the problem. After brainstorming my dealer installed yet another update including new engine mgmt sds card. This seems to have solved the problem.

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Yes engine update # and simrad update # should match or you may get delays, even go to reset while driving, like mine did, once I got the updates to match, and replaced the vessel view, for not holding a card, my system is working, remember don’t do just one update or you may lose what you had, have a weekend

tolatron
Guest Contributor
Your experience is precisely why I took mine out and replaced it with a Garmin unit.

jkirkpatrick01
Guest Contributor
Trust me, I made that very suggestion. Being under warranty, that was not an option. My dealer reminded me that Simrad does not warranty updates, but based on my particular problem, that was not a topic of discussion.