cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm brand new to the group...

Sully26
Guest Contributor

Hi, I'm brand new to the group and this is my first Sea Ray. I have a 1997 DA 450. Hoping to get a little help with 2 issues. The cooktop is broken and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to remove it for replacement.  ( it is located immediately above the washer/dryer) Also the aft bunk sliding door is off the track. I was able to repair the track wheel that was broken but cannot get the door back on track. What's the trick?

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
It looks like the washer / dryer must be removed to expose the cook top fasteners.

http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/79/53/4137953_-1_20121112113559_5_0.jpg?t=1242501

The track mechanism is different than mine.

http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/52/0/5875200_20160716163646593_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1238303

fwebster
Guest Contributor
If your boat is an early '97, t he cook top is on the port side but it mounts the same way. You have to have access to the bottom to remove it which means you must remove the freezer. That is pretty easy since it is just held in place with screws and there is no plumbing involved.

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor
Just a thought. My 440 DA has a cook top cover and a safety switch so it cannot turn on with the cover in place. My switch sticks so acts like it is broken but a simple thing to pop the switch out and keep it clean.

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
Beat me to it! Check the safety switch that doesn't allow you to turn on the stove with the cover in place. Of course your breaker is in the on position, right?

Sully26
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the responses. The cook top is actually broken - like something fell on it and broke the surface like a pane of glass. It sits on top of the washer/dryer on stbd side. At base of dryer is a kick plate with carpet glued to front. I am fairly sure that screws are under carpet to remove plate. Then I should be able to find screws that hold washer in place. Any info on where those usually are located would be appreciated

Sully26
Guest Contributor
Ps. Aft stateroom door required complete disassembly of Soffet covering the track. Single wheel trains were available from Flounder. If anybody gets into this situation give me a holler and I'll help with what I learned. Took two weekends and my wife learned some new words but got it fixed. Could do it again in a couple hours