cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1994 440 Sundancer and...

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor

I have a 1994 440 Sundancer and need to get to the stbd fuel tank sender.  Any one know how to access?  It appears I might need to remove all the cockpit seating bases to be able to remove the side panels since I see no access any place.  That will

be a huge job.  I wish they had sight gages to really know tank levels.

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Does the open storage compartment on the starboard sidewall at the helm unscrew to permit a human body to crawl into the void above the starboard fuel tank.

On my boat, different than yours, I unscrew / remove that compartment and I can go to the floor directly above the fuel tank.

If that is all true, then it should be possible to measure the sender location from the engine room, then transfer that measurement to the compartment to drill an access plate hole, if one doesn't exist already. Remember they had to build the boat, so that access was probably required during original assembly.

http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/75/65/6167565_20170313105011070_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1255492

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor
Hmm. Your helm pics shows it is exactly the same as mine. W would swear only a 6 month old could fit through that compartment area but need to go back to the boat and investigate some more. Thanks for the tip, maybe it is a larger space than I recall.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Not my helm, that is an Internet image for a 1994 440DA that is for sale, similar to your boat.

My boat has a 2' square surface storage compartment retained w/ perimeter screws. Even my big butt fits into that opening on my boat.

slipaway
Guest Contributor
On my 95 Sundancer they access panel is the sidewall cupboard where the tables are