cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003 420 Sundancer with...

Ritz_Sea
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003 420 Sundancer with an Onan Gen Set. I am not getting any power to the main switches at the breaker panel.  Is it possible the switches are bad. Could the switches have been "blown" by incorrect starting procedures?   Aqua Condo 

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
There are breakers on the generator, for the output AC power feed to the salon interlock input breakers.

The generator breakers must be in the on position also.

The factory designed the system so that random sequencing differences would not have an effect on popping the breakers.

If all the breakers are good and the interlock has selected the operating generator then it is likely the generator isn't outputting voltage.

There are a number of failed parts that could cause that fault.

A multimeter, manufacturer's manual and appropriate skill set are required to diagnose the problem.

Ritz_Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks, I'll follow up to see it those items have been considered. It very difficult to find qualified mechanics to work on the vessel in Lake Tahoe. Dean

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

Beautiful location and great bicycling around the lake too. I got a heck of a workout going up to the top of Barker Pass, but lots of fun.

The important stuff on your generator has acceptable access, leaning over the engine, so figuring out the problem won't be horrible.

Jennijl
Guest Contributor
Check the generator batteries.