cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2004 480MY. The horn provides...

KingAirCaptain
Guest Contributor

I have a 2004 480MY. The horn provides a single short and dies. Wait 15 minutes and it does the same thing. I suspect  the air compressor is bad. Anyone know where it's located.

Also, the waste tank sensor constantly shows "Full." He bypassed the shutdown feature. He couldn't find the sensor.  He thinks it's under the generator

I wrote SeaRay on both issues and had no response.

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately the Sea Ray Owners Club has a Tech Resources section, but the links for the Owner's Manual for your boat do not work.

The air horn information you seek should be contained in that model-specific Owner's Manual.

Do you have a printed or an electronic copy of that document? Does it have the requested information?

The Vacuflush system has a tank level sensor system that frequently gets clogged, inhibiting proper operation.

On my system, I pump it empty, unscrew that level sensor system, clean all the floating sensors and scrub the interior of the holding tank. I also clean all the duckbill valves and associated plumbing to maintain proper performance.

Doesn't the holding tank on your boat have a ~6" diameter sensor assembly screwed into the top w/ a dozen wires?

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the sales brochure for your boat.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UFd/hiIOG9GW7idXvnW3dlf9SXE1lho6Z_Qdwd_UT7Zx.zM

wingless
Rising Contributor
It sounds like the air compressor is partially working. It could be any number of things preventing more than a short toot.

When I installed my cruise ship horns and my tug boat whistle, I designed a custom high-volume high-pressure air compressor system that could run both for an extended duration before the pump ever needed to kick on.

KingAirCaptain
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded the owner's manual when I purchased the boat. I haven't looked at it for either of these issues. I recall it was useful for part numbers, etc., but lacked in specifics as to where to find locations of equipment.

For the holding tank, yes, it's that sensor I'm looking for. The holding tank has wooden shelf on top of it. The left side has all the batteries. The right side holds the generator. My mechanic fears the sensor is underneath.

I do clean the vacuous regularly.

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

Hopefully there is sufficient space between the top of the tank and the bottom of the shelf to permit removal and cleaning of the level sensor system.

Riverdaze
Guest Contributor
I have a 40MY and my air horn pump is located in front of the stdb fuel tank tucked up against the hull. But, before you replace the pump check the hose from the pump to the accumulator tank. Mine had a very small pin hole in the hose.

Peteatthebeach
Guest Contributor
I had 2003 390 MY and it was located in the. Forward cabin syndrome side front cabinetry behind the forward panel. You can disconnect the supply line to the horn and add a few drops of light oil (hold it up to let the oil run down into the compressor.

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
I got tired of the issues with the air horn and installed an electric one on the hardtop. Used the same switch, works great

KingAirCaptain
Guest Contributor
I think PeteAtTheBeach nailed the location. I can’t get the panel open without destroying the vinyl. Pigpen...brilliant solution. Saw two horns at West Marine for $125.