cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2017 Sundancer that does...

danrob2000
Guest Contributor

I have a 2017 Sundancer that does nothing but pop fuses everytime I take it out.  First the cablemaster, then the back hatch, then the cablemaster, then the anchor, then the cablemaster again.......I am so frustrated I want out of SeaRay boats!!!!!!  Does this happen to anyone else?

14 REPLIES 14

wingless
Rising Contributor
Doesn't the boat have a warranty where the dealership resolves the problems once they are identified?

The problem description indicates that the Cablemaster has not yet been properly repaired.

Yes, stuff breaks then needs to be fixed.

On my boat, I maintain to excess, inspecting for potential problems to avoid unexpected failures whenever possible.

The "easy" solution is to get a simple boat. If it's not there, then it can't break. My rowing dinghy / tender is simple and fun.

danrob2000
Guest Contributor
Yes....the SeaRay guys from Stuart Florida are fantastic...come out and fix every time. But I do maintain to perfection.....the electrical systems are just not designed right in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to reply....I'm headed out to look at dingys now!!!!

wingless
Rising Contributor
The factory electrical system on my 2000 380DA was totally appropriate for the boat.

The modifications and upgrades I implemented over the years maintained and improved upon the factory systems, Those included creating additional schematic pages for the upgrades and labeling both ends of every wire.

What is insufficient or incorrect on your boat?

danrob2000
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the comments Wingless.....this is a brand new 400 Sundancer....wouldn't you think that the electronics would work without blowing a fuse EVERY SINGLE weekend we are on the boat? It's getting a bit ridiculous!!!

wingless
Rising Contributor
On my boat the original electronics installation was clearly performed after the boat was built.

The factory boat wiring was great. The electronics wiring sucked lemons through a garden hose.

One of my early jobs was to rip out all of the electronics wiring and install it to my standards.

Regardless, even w/ a typical electronics installation, there should not be fuses popping.

The dealership is the best option to make things right.

Bill12
Guest Contributor
Sounds like you may have a grounding issue.

Captain_Rusty_H
Guest Contributor
danrob, I am emailing you sir.

Lex
Guest Contributor
MY 2017 ALS0 has problems with the cable master blowing fuses. It is so much trouble changing fuses I do not even use the cable master. This is not what I expected when I purchased the boat.

DDD
Guest Contributor
DanRob2000

I sent yo my cell number in a separate email. Please call as we have major issues with our 2017 400SD electric.

Lex
Please email me you phone number as I did not see you email address

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem with the 2012 470 windlass and cable reel. And , the damn windlass C/B is enclosed in the electronics box, in the engine room. The cable reel was on the exposed C/B panel, but in the engine room. Grrrrrr, Marine max did fix it, better, but if you strain either one, PoP!

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 460 fly that has blown the cable
Mster fuse 3-4 times. I found the issue was relying on the cablemaster to " pull" the cable home which put undue load on the motor if the cable was being dragged or making it hard on the motor. I now feed or push the cable slightly while retrieving the cable and also help it out of the boat when deploying it. No more blown fuses. The bigger question is WHY Sea Ray used fuses instead of resettable curcuit breakers???

danrob2000
Guest Contributor
I have been contacted by 14 people who all have major issues. I have been contacted by SeaRay who wants to find a solution. I have to tell you, I am very impatient with this as I have been fighting it for 6 months only to be told each time the problem was fixed. NO WAY. I will hold off further comment until SeaRay engineers look at the boat tomorrow.......

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Danrob, did you find a fix?

danrob2000
Guest Contributor
Interestingly enough, SeaRay has taken the boat to their marina to review....not going to comment till I get report back. I knew the problem was not standard, but sure SeaRay will stand behind their brand!!