cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2018 Sundancer 400. Wonderful...

Bobm1
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 Sundancer 400. Wonderful vessel, barely had it 2 months and it runs like a dream. I have recently had issues with line noise in the Fosgate speakers over the back patio. I can't figure out if it might be a grounding issue or a short in the patio speaker switch. Anyone else had an issue like this?  

7 REPLIES 7

Riverwalk
Guest Contributor
I have had success with inexpensive inline filters ,amp or head unit probably on same side as fridge or ice maker

JBA
Guest Contributor
Exposure to Hurricane Irma left moisture inside the lenses of a few of my instrumentsgauges. Have tried sun, hair dryer and bulb removal with no success. Anyone have any thoughts?..thanks!

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
On a 2018...I would call the dealer verses trying to track down a bad ground or in line filter.

Naut_Home
Guest Contributor
I agree with captain Rick, new boat under warranty, let the dealer figure it out. I have a 2016 400 Fly and had many lighting and audio wiring issues our first season and at commissioning for our second season this year. Poor wiring done at the factory, not a unique situation.

FY_II
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 400DA with the same problem. Agree with others that the dealer should be taking care of this for you. In my case the wiring from the head unit under the TV to the amp for those speakers (which is under the adjacent seat) had either come loose at a connection or the cable was faulty. It 's a low level signal and very susceptible to noise. The biggest problem is accessibility; it is not easy to get into that area under the TV. Suggest you also check the speakers over the swim platform that fire towards the stern; they are on the same amp and if they are also noisy you know it's a problem with the input cabling or the amp itself (unlikely).

Sara_Fahy1
Guest Contributor
Hey there, You should be able to contact your local authorized Sea Ray dealer and they will be able to get that fixed for you.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
What did you do to fix your problem. One of the nice things about these forums are you ask a question,folks chime in with suggestions but it nice to know how you eliminated the issue