cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a small area on one seat...

SeaMax
Guest Contributor

I have a small area on one seat on my 2000 SR410 DA that is discolored from what I believe was something a mechanic set on the seat. I did a little research and found there are may offerings in a spray paint but I am not sure how that would blend in just doing a small spot. I am thinking maybe something applied with a brush or some wipe on would be the best. Has anyone had good luck in doing this type repair to boat seats?

9 REPLIES 9

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Is it a vynal material? If so, the best option short of replacing that fabric panel would be getting the closest color of spray paint (it is actually spray dye) that you can find to match it. At the end of the day, you are the only one that is ever going to notice it until you point it out to your friends. The other option is to get the cushion re-upholstered.

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
Thanks. I have heard/read some comments about this spay material flaking off in a year or so. Also, I believe that matching one section to the rest of the seats would be a challenge. That said, I don’t have a better idea either.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Get a quote from a canvas shop to repair it. They may have some tricks that we haven't thought of, or simply replacing that panel of fabric may not be as hateful as one would imagine. I am working on redoing all of my own upholstery work on my boat. I have been buying all of my fabric from sailrite.com.

Rick
Guest Contributor
A lot of discoloration(s) will fade when exposed to sunlight. Are you able to get sunlight to the affected areas for a few days?

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
Agree with Rick, get it in the sunlight on a warm day and you will be amazed how much it lightens up

Zelda1
Guest Contributor
Did a repair on my 2006 38 Dancer as couple years ago. Used fabric paint specifically for sea ray white fabric and it matched perfectly. SEM Marine vinyl coat.

Airwaves
Rising Contributor
Can u post picture on this site?

Zelda1
Guest Contributor
Sorry I can't, I don't own the boat anymore

Maurice
Guest Contributor
Hair spray often works best. Spay wait a couple seconds and wipe. repeat once or twice. Best to clean vinyl.