cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a vesselview alarm "sensor...

cbruck
Guest Contributor

I have a vesselview alarm "sensor voltage low" and I've checked out the 5 volt reference on the coolant, manifold and water pressure sensor and they all read 5 volts.  Also, it's an active alarm but I can't delete it from the History page.  I can delete all other alarms but that one. 

Anyone have any comments?

6 REPLIES 6

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
For some hard alarms, I’ve had to disconnect all power, open the power distribution panel in the engine room and open the C/B’s for the electronic engine controls. (Always powered) Then reverse the procedure. Restore power and allow the VV to power up. If you still have an alarm, then you either have a hard failure or bad sensor.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Is the reason I can't clear it on the history screen because it's also active? I did recently change the batteries, but I can't remember if I had the alarm before or after the battery replacement.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Some hard alarms you have to reset the circuit breaker on the “unswitched power” which completely eliminates any power to the control unit. Again, if you still have the alarm after removing all power, you either have a hard failure or a bad sensor, either way will require repair.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I was able to find the Engine/unswitched circuit breaker and was able to clear everything. But the alarm came back so it must be real. The Active Alarm on Vesselview reads ENGINE/SHIFT-PORT (voltage). Then in the details it reads Sensor power supply voltage is low. I can't seem to find anything on alarms with ENGINE/SHIFT. Is this something in the DTS throttle system? Any comments would be highly appreciated. Thanks

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Just got off the phone to Mercury and they confirmed that I cannot clear that fault, must be done by a dealer with G3. They indicated that it was probably a fault set by low battery conditions.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Just to finished this up for others to follow. The sensor voltage low cleared up after we replaced a faulty trim sensor. There must be multiple references in the system and once the shorted trim sensor was replaced, everything was fine. A Marinemax mechanic gave me advice that when you have multiple sensor issues, make sure you clear up all issues with the system as the diagnostic software won't help such as we saw in the example above.