cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an 1987 410 Aft Cabin. I...

islandtime41
Guest Contributor

I have an 1987 410 Aft Cabin. I am not getting any power to my windlass. Checked the breaker down in engine room, everything looks okay, but no movement. Any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Has the wiring diagram for the boat been used to trace the fault? Can images of the appropriate pages be posted?

My assumption is that there is a contactor that toggles power to the windlass, based on a dash panel enable switch and that there are up/down contols, at the helm and at the bow, in-addition to the previously-mentioned circuit breaker. Is that all correct?

If all correct, when the dash enable switch is toggled, then does the contactor change state to provide power to the windlass?

There is probably a windlass controller near the windlass, correct? Does it have appropriate power? What model windlass?

islandtime41
Guest Contributor
Thank you for the fats response. It is a maxwell nillson windlass. There is no switch on the control panel, hoever, there is a switch in the cabin for the windlass. On the deck next to the windlass is just one push switch. Below in the engine room is a push breaker for the windlass. The anchor locker is not accessable to get my power meter in to check the leads in. May have to pull switch from deck to check it. Thank you

wingless
Rising Contributor
Glad to help.

Which model?

Many of the manuals have a troubleshooting section.

Good luck.

http://www.maxwellmarine.com/support_manuals.php

fwebster
Guest Contributor
There is a master relay fro the windlass on t he main bulkhead (on most boats). It is easily identifiable because it has an ATO type automotive fuse on the left and right side of the relay. Check to see if one of those fuses is either bad or its contacts are corroded,

islandtime41
Guest Contributor
THANK YOU EVERYONE ! I bypassed the switch, and it works. Just need to replace the switch and I am good to go.