cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Looking at a 2008 47 Sedan...

JAB
Guest Contributor

I'm Looking at a 2008 47 Sedan Bridge and would like to know what is the bridge clearance. My boating area (Lake Erie) has couple rather low bridges and with the fluctuating water level it can be challenging.  The owners manual says is 20' 3" to the top of the mast light but it is on a  ratchet mount and can be lowered. A Boating magazine article says the bridge clearance is 16' 9" but doesn't say to where. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ranger57
Guest Contributor
Bridge clearance for the boat depends on what is on top of the boat. Each is different, with differing radar, Sat dish TV, mast light and other configurations. The only way to know for sure is to get on a ladder with a laser level and measure it.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
We had a guy down here in Southern Maryland with the same boat. He had a custom radar arch built that would fold back with a button to clear everything off of his roofline to clear a local bridge without the need to have the draws opened just for a few inches of needed clearance.

JAB
Guest Contributor
If I could get the height to the roof line, I could easily add the height of the radar, sat tv or whatever is up there.

Juanca
Guest Contributor
Hi JAB, I own a 2003 480 SD. The clearance on my boat is 21'. I think it's a little less than that, but commented above, that number accounts for equipment on the roof.

JAB
Guest Contributor
Thanks Juanca, I had the same boat several years ago and recall it was between 20' and 21'. I'm hoping the 47 is much lower.