cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many of the newer yachts have shades...

slande
Guest Contributor

Many of the newer yachts have shades over the bow (see attached example) and awnings over the stern. Does anyone know of a web site or other source of configurations to consider?

7 REPLIES 7

dvanwelsum
Guest Contributor
We bought some Mantis umbrellas rather than an awning for the bow.https://www.pro-techt.com/index.php/

slande
Guest Contributor
We solved the desire for shade on front and back of our 60 DA by purchasing 4 Sun Fly struts from Performance Textile in Annapolis MD. We installed 2 struts and 2 pad eyes in front and back. Our canvas installers made light mesh shades that cut 80% of sun but let in some light and air, although not rain proof. This set up is easy to put up and then to take down.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Hello Ron, I don’t know if this info would be helpful to you. We own a 2004 500 DA with a huge cockpit and in Florida the sun is unbearable. I had a pipe welder make and powder coat a frame and a canvas guy install Stamoid fabric over it. What I now have is a full self supporting (without any standoff supports) cockpit shade that looks as factory as one could get. All boats with a open cockpit should have a factory installed cockpit shade available as an option. It would definitely make boating more enjoyable. I cannot attach the pics of the shade, if you’d like to see the design tell what email address you’d like them sent to.

Rlynch
Guest Contributor
Please email pictures to [email protected]

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
[email protected]. I have a 500DA

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Here is a pic of the shade on Bow Tie

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor