cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking bilge vent inserts for...

OBee
Guest Contributor

Seeking bilge vent inserts for a 2002 Sea Ray Express Bridge, pictured.  Parts # 1275338, 1275312

8 REPLIES 8

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Have you called a Sea Ray dealer on them yet? I was able to get an OEM swim ladder through my local dealer for my 1997 370 Express. Was kind of shocked considering the age of the boat.

OBee
Guest Contributor
Had a dealer parts manager try to help to no avail.

buddydog
Guest Contributor
I had to have mine repaired. They were broken at the tabs but otherwise in good shape. A local guy repaired them with epoxied stainless reinforcements on the back side. So far its all good.

OBee
Guest Contributor
Great. My vent covers are missing from when I acquired her. They are glued on thermoformed plastic shapes. My pics are from another exact model when I couldn't figure out what they actually looked like. Will keep searching. Would even pay to have them fabricated but their not that simple a shape.

Rickety
Guest Contributor
Obee -wrote this forum about a year ago for the same thing. I have the port insert, and would gladly go in on any fabrication deal, but the truth of the matter is they are not made by anyone and not in stock anywhere. Wingless suggested calling the boat junkyard giuys in Fla, and I did that but got a negative response. Seems to me if we were to fabricate them, we would have a heck of a market for selling them...

buddydog
Guest Contributor
This would be a great one Sea Ray corporate to take on. they have the resources to run down the deigns and leverage to get a current supplier to help out. The original designs were vulnerable any side impacts or pressures (piers or lift slings.) How about it Sea Ray?

OBee
Guest Contributor
I reverted to possible fabrication of these vent covers. Two fabricators in FL responded from inquiry, one metal, one plastic. Metal could be a SS shield perhaps 1/4 round, bottom open. Plastic would have to be molded I suppose. Either solution could be expensive. Answered some questions, will see if either fabricator might be interested. I could remove the vent assemblies for one of the two to attach a remedy.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Another option would be to have them fabricated out of aluminum and then powder coat the aluminum in your color of choice.