cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We own a 2015 410 Sundancer and...

JACK2
Guest Contributor

We own a 2015 410 Sundancer and want to move the boat from Boston to a year round marina on the Atlantic Side of Florida.  Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

wingless
Rising Contributor
Which city?

JACK2
Guest Contributor
We really don't know. Where it is warm and the marina has emenities. Looking to go south for the winter!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Southern Florida is nice. There are dozens of marina options. There are thousands of property owners that will rent space on the canal by their homes for under half the cost of a marina.

Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale is great.

Why not rent a spot somewhere for a week or a month, then cruise around to find the best spot for your needs?

JACK2
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your suggestions
Jack

Captain430
Guest Contributor
I'm a liveaboard at Halifax Harbor Marina in Daytona Beach. Best damn marina I've ever stayed at. $10/ft includes electricity, wifi, tv, water, and they come to your boat weekly to pump you out. About half what you'll pay in South Florida. Only problem, you're not convenient to anywhere interesting.

Rafael
Guest Contributor
If you're interested in Freeport, Grand Bahama, I have a dock with power, will accommodate up to 52'

Captain430
Guest Contributor
Rafael, I might be interested... how much, amenities besides power?

Rafael
Guest Contributor
It's in a gated community, short distance to open water, the swimming pool is at the end of the dock, and about a 5 minute walk to one of the nicest beaches in Grand Bahama, Xanadu beach. The 1600 sf condo is also available when I'm not there. Rental $10'/month

Captain430
Guest Contributor
I have a Sea Ray 450 that I live aboard alone. I do require high-speed Internet as my office is in the aft bedroom. [email protected]

greatscott
Guest Contributor
light house point marina , light house point fl its a country club but u need to join the club

Captain430
Guest Contributor
Raphael, please email me. I am seriously considering your offer. Mark [email protected]

Bill___Valerie
Guest Contributor
Try Stuart FL. FYI - But make sure you check with your insurance company. Your insurance will probably skyrocket due to FL being in hurricane zone. We were thinking of putting our boat in FL for 7 months out of the year. They told us since it would be there more than 6 months of the year, then FL would be our Home port instead of Annapolis. They wanted to raise our insurance from $1500 to $7500. We decided to wait a few years on the move until we could actually spend more time in FL while the boat was there!

greatscott
Guest Contributor
yes my insurence went from 700.00 in new jersey to over 2000.00 being in boca raton fl

SMT
Guest Contributor
Might want to consider West Coast. Riviera Dunes Marina Palmetto FL safe harbor reasonable rent many great places for weekend trips on WC.