cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good day everyone I have a 1989...

Tonyh21117
Guest Contributor

Good day everyone I have a 1989 Sea Ray Sundancer 300 weekender  my starboard engine needs to be replaced twin 350 Mercruiser Alpha One can anyone help me and tell me where I can find a good remanufactured engine at a reasonable price.  Also I live in Maryland and looking for a trailer for a 30-footer thanks in advance everyone..

14 REPLIES 14

World_hq
Guest Contributor
Believe it or not, there is a place in Wyoming, Advanced marine engines. The boat dealer where l work has used them before with good results. Although more expensive, quicksilver remans are always a good choice.

Tonyh21117
Guest Contributor
Ok thx sounds good will check with them..

HdG3xB
Guest Contributor
I'm in the middle of a repower myself on my 97 380 sunsport. I'm working with Tidewater Yacht Service in Baltimore. They were able to find me a CPO engine from Merc and saved me a few grand.

Franky
Guest Contributor
Great Lake Skipper was running a sale on complete mercruiser 350mpi for around $10000

Binky
Guest Contributor
I replaced 7.4 Merc MPI's. First was refurb long-block in 2016 from perfprotech.com, runs great. Second in 2018, new engine LB from eagleenginesales.com and runs great. Find a reputable installer and have it delivered to them for a small fee. Don't let anyone buy your engine for you!

Drago
Rising Contributor
Look at the Mercury/Mercruiser site.

Tonyh21117
Guest Contributor
Thx everyone

Seevee
Guest Contributor
I would argue STRONGLY to get a real Mercruiser engine or rebuild from Merc. They DO have quality control and will honor their warranty unlike Eagle. I put one Eagle engine in and found the head remanufactured with epoxy or some non metal product after they leaked and ruined the engine. They offered me a $600 warranty claim for a $5000 engine, and couldn't beat them as it was in their fine print. Horrible company to do business with.
The trouble with boat suppliers, especially engines, is quality standards. There are no regulations governing engine rebuilding or remanufacturing in the boat business, so you need someone that you totally rely on.
Merc has always treated me great. Can call them, they warrant their part (but rarely needed), and provide good tech support.

JRT
Guest Contributor
I went with a private shop rebuild on starboard engine, it was in and out 5 (FIVE) times before they got it to run properly, apparently a crack in the supposedly magnafluxed block. It would start spraying steam through the PCV into the carb when it was put under load. Took forever to get it fixed, replaced the block eventually, was in the shop most of the summer. Then dropped a valve in the fresh port engine, rebuilt by the same guy, killed the head and block, this time went with a Mercruiser Reman and no problems since--- about a $12k education!

black_pearl1
Guest Contributor
If you are totally repowering, be sure to put fresh water cooling on the engines. That is a major beef with me and the rec. boat industry. No engine should use raw water coolng.

Drago
Rising Contributor
https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/inboard-and-sterndrive/remanufacturing/plus-series-bravo-sterndrives/

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
There no better rebuilt than jasper look on line tell them marine comes with a 3 year warranty I work in the business at a car dealer jasper is the way to go!!

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
By the way they make a kit to go fresh water engine if your not already

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
And they deliver anywhere I think there about 4 k with heads complete no intake
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.