cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 370DA with DTS and Axius...Got...

Hermann
Guest Contributor

2010 370DA with DTS and Axius...

Got a "SHIFT ERROR" and confirmed that the SB engine would only engage in reverse, but not in forward gear. Worse, sometimes it wouldn't disengage back to neutral. As a result, the boat was going in circles around itself, and I had to shutdown the SB engine in order to get it back to neutral. After several of these shutdown (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and restart cycles, I called the mechanic and they recommended I drop the boat for further diagnosis... 2 weeks later, they ordered and installed a new Shift Actuator, which did not solve the problem.

The problem remain. The computer either doesn't command the actuator correctly, or doesn't read what it would like to see. Mechanic reports that the Searay laptop throws a 'communications error' and that they need to talk to Mercury about that. Mercury has been unresponsive...

This boat is new to us, we got it literally one month ago and it worked fine the first 15 hours... then this. Questions are, 

1. How do I get ahold of Mercury? So that they work with the mechanic in diagnosing this fault?

2. What else should I do? 

Currently the boat is undrivable... any help or guidance is extremely welcome! Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
It also could be the lower shift cable or a mechanical problem in the drive?

lance
Guest Contributor
If the boat was stuck in gear and would not come out it would be the shift actuator or the cable. I have the same boat. Have them check the harness by the ECM . The factory wrapped mine under the mount plate and it chaffed up the wires causing alot of issues. I would think it's more of a computer thing then mechanical because of the commutation error that came up. Make sure your mechanic is Mercury-Mercruiser certified if he is Mercury-Mercruiser is a phone call away. I have never had any issue with my mechanic getting in touch with them.

Hermann
Guest Contributor
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. Boat has been fixed, Mercury came up and reprogrammed de Axius ECM after the actuator swap. All good now and we had an awesome sunny day In Seattle yesterday to enjoy it. Thanks

TheNewYorker
Guest Contributor
Yes it is just program issue. It happened to me as well. Try not to use single lever throttle feature. Drew