cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone share tips on running...

Riancitta
Guest Contributor

Can anyone share tips on running wiring above the headliner in a 2000 370 EC? I'm trying to run a wire from the stereo which is in the electrical panel cabinet to the helm.

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

My speculation is that Sea Ray also included wire run paths on your boat, like they did on my 2000 380DA.

As an example, on my boat, there is an excellent wire run from the salon stereo to the helm on the starboard side, hidden behind the cabinets.

Mine has similar nice runs from the helm to the engine room and from the engine room to behind the 'fridge, on the port side.

There are also nice port to starboard salon runs and nice salon to master stateroom runs.

All that being said, it is possible to drop / replace the headliner where required.

Riancitta
Guest Contributor
I'm headed to the boat in a little bit. That being said if I can't find the wire runs (Electrical panel with stereo in it is on the port side with the shower between it and the cockpit) What is the trick to pulling down the headliner? (Which I'm hoping is a last resort)

wingless
Rising Contributor
The headliner on my boat is plywood screwed onto fir strips, with the plywood covered by foam backed fabric attached to the plywood w/ adhesive.

The hidden perimeter screw locations my be located by pushing into the foam to feel the screw heads.

The foam backed fabric may be untucked and pulled back to expose the screw heads. The foam back fabric is not glued over the screw heads, just tucked into the gap at those locations.

On my boat I have disassembled / reassembled every location, w/ images of hidden parts for future reference. That comes in very handy for diagnostics, repairs and upgrades. (Not taken apart for fun, just long term ownership and "lots of cool mods" all done greatly exceeding ABYC and w/ detailed documentation for future reference, such as excellent schematics.)