cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Pumps Running every 45 secs

Helipilot
Guest Contributor

I think I have a leak in my fresh water system as the pumps seem to run ever 45 secs or so. Been looking in the bilges and all seem fine except the aft cabin. I’ve tasted the water 🤢 and it’s fresh not salty. I just wondered if this was perhaps a common problem and someone could point me in the right direction to find it. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

The water  pump cycling every 45 seconds is a large water leak.

Does the aft cabin have a large water puddle?

In virtually all instances the leak will be at a fitting. Note that every single fitting will have access. (They HAD to build the boat, so a fitting cannot be at an impossible to reach location.) That doesn't mean some access won't be a butt pain to reach. I can probably guarantee some will be difficult to reach.

Examine all fittings. They MUST all be dry, dry, dry.

My boat was built w/ push connect PEX fittings. Note that the tubing MUST be cut w/ a lever action, or ratcheting lever action cutting tool.

My boat had one problematic fitting when built because the boat structure forced displacement on the natural resting position. A minor "cool mod" permitted the plumbing to rest w/o being pushed at a weird angle.

tkodlo1_4997029
Guest Contributor

Had the same problem my leak was at the stern where the wash down hose is at. Was easy access through the storage compartment at the stern. Easy fix using pex fitting no tools. Good luck.

Helipilot
Guest Contributor

Well the water in the aft floor bilge was actually sea water from the packing where the shafts enter the boat. The problem turned out to be the pipe that feeds the hot water tank, this was leaking. So I cut the end re-fixed on with two clips and problem solved. Thanks to everyone who took the time and bother to reply. Now getting ready to sail the boat from Rijeka to Split where it will be placed on a ship and taken to Gibraltar and then I'll sail it around to Spain. No doubt there will be more questions coming haha. Thanks