cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone replaced the clarion...

Bleto
Guest Contributor

Has anyone replaced the clarion stereo with something that has bluetooth or iPod plug in that will fit in the same space. I have a 2006 sea ray 320.

15 REPLIES 15

wingless
Rising Contributor
Isn't the stereo behind a rectangular screwed-on panel in a locker in the salon? If so, can't a replacement panel be modified to have the correct cutout. That's what I did for mine.

340_Sundancer
Guest Contributor
I have a 2004 340 DA. I plan to replace the Clarion with a Fusion AV-750. Fusion makes different models with features that are unique. I like the ability to control up to 4 different output zones. The AV model has HDMI output also. It can interface with NMEA 2K data also.

clowenthal
Guest Contributor
I have a 2004 340 DA and decided to go with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AGQMQC - for $15 I was able to add Bluetooth! With that said, when I purchased my boat last year, the previous owner had added an iPod adapter (which is really just a 3.5mm female port into the Clarion aux input (https://www.amazon.com/MOCREO-Splitter-1-Mini-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B015J4OKZW). For about $25 in parts, you don't have to replace your current system! Another option is West Marine's for $30 you can add, but will also need to splice in power - but is a nice options! https://www.westmarine.com/buy/poly-planar--btal-01-bluetooth-audio-adapter-marine-12vdc--17491689?recordNum=17

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
I have the same boat and replaced the Clarion with a Fusion deck and JL speakers...LOVE it. Also, I added the helm controller, so even if others are controlling the songs, volume, etc., through bluetooth, I can override and pause it if needed, or skip the errant Justin Bieber song...

KURT
Guest Contributor
Most units are are a standard size called DIN , can upgrade to marine unit if outside, if in cabin can use standard automobile units. Check crutchfield.com

radiojon
Guest Contributor
The factory Clarion radio on my 2005 320 has an AUX input (RCA connectors), but it's a little difficult to reach. I had to disassemble much of the DC fuse panel to get to it, but once you do, there are a number of ways to connect. I actually ran a long cable from the AUX input up to the helm, attached a cable splitter, and installed both a mini (1/8") connector at the helm to plug directly to any device ... and also a small bluetooth audio receiver mounted under the helm near the fuse panel (for power). In my search for radios, I couldn't find any that fit the opening for the factory Clarion, so I just added the AUX connections.

SCCML
Guest Contributor
I use an FM transmitter for the iPhome like this one: Insignia FM Radio Transmitter for Apple Devices w/ 8-Pin Connector NS-MA5FMT.

Tune in my Clarion FM station to match the transmitter frequency and it works great. Easy and low cost. Charges the iPhone at the same time !

DB320
Guest Contributor
I replaced factory stereo with Fusion System including remotes and it has Bluetooth on my 2004 320, 500watt Alpine amp, Infinity Kappa speakers, Great System

CLJ
Guest Contributor
I installed a Clarion M303 on my 270DA that has those capabilities and more.

KevinC
Guest Contributor
I plugged a Fusion BT-100 Bluetooth interface into the AUX in on my Clarion. Now I select AUX and stream my music from my phone/tablet/etc. Worked great, "simple" install - a little tight inside the panel for wiring but not horrible. You should be able to get the interface for under $50.

Nick_L
Guest Contributor
I purchase an adapter that pugs into the headphone jack and transmits on an FM channel. Preset the radio to 87.xx and it picks up my devise.

Ritzy
Guest Contributor
Recently installed Fusion MS- BT100 Bluetooth Dongle (bought on Amazon- $44.98) in my '06 320 Dancer with Clarion Radio- easy install into RCA plugs and power wires in back of the receiver unit- Receiver unit pulls out of the cabinet easily by loosening 4 screws on the faceplate. Powers automatically and pulls up easily on my Iphone- sound reproduction is excellent. Much cheaper than receiver and remote replacement....

Bleto
Guest Contributor
Thank You I will give it a try.

Beaniemanman
Guest Contributor
On my 320 I had Fusion 650 installed including transom remote.

DavidB3
Guest Contributor
I pulled mine and plugged a 3.5mm MP3 cable into the auxillary jack. I can now plug my phone into the aux jack and listen to Pandora or any other music serivce. Cables are available on eBay. Just make sure you get one long enough to reach the front of the cabinet. I drilled a small hole along the side of the stereo. Works great! I also added a 12inch flip down TV and hooked it into Aux2. Sound is awesome and I didn't need to replace the radio.