cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi there. Not sure if my post went...

Bradeyedoc
Guest Contributor

Hi there. Not sure if my post went through the other day or not as I can't seem to find it:)  I just bought a 2019 Sundancer 320 OB and had a couple of questions from my learned colleagues:). 1.  When the Mercury Skyhook is engaged, is there a way to turn off that annoying beeping sound that sounds like a truck backing up?  2.  The fresh water tank gauge has green, yellow and red colors, but doesn't seem to change as the tank is emptied (am I missing something obvious?)  3.  The window in head has latches like it is supposed to open, but I can't seem to open it (again, maybe missing something obvious...)  Any help out there is appreciated!

Thanks.  Brad

8 REPLIES 8

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Sounds like some issues for the dealer to address. Should certainly still be under warrantee.

Bradeyedoc
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply!  Will get the water tank and window thing looked at.  Not sure if that is a "normal" thing or not for the beeping sound when Skyhook is engaged. Thanks againbrad

Markasaurus
Guest Contributor
I hate the skyhook beeping. If anyone knows how to silence that, I would also appreciate it!

Bradeyedoc
Guest Contributor
Hey Mark. Yeah super annoying if you just want to use it to chill or even fish etc. embarrassing near a dock:). What boat do you have?

Markasaurus
Guest Contributor
Sundancer 350 coupe. I love the skyhook functionality but the noise means i will never use it! It also has the light at the stern that flashes on and off. A bit overkill if you ask me.

daniel1
Guest Contributor
Sky hook beeper.. very annoying. Had to disable my the first week. Find the beeper and unhook the two wires at the beeper, cover ends with black tape so ends never touch, everything works fine.. reattach when sell..

Bradeyedoc
Guest Contributor
Any idea where the beeper is located? May be different on different boats but...

daniel1
Guest Contributor
Mine was located behind the chrome engine vent on the Starbord side. You just need to get it turned on and ear it down..