cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a first time poster here,...

doctorken
Guest Contributor

I am a first time poster here, so be gentle. I have been a member of Club Sea Ray since 2008.

My marina has dropped my Marinium waste cap in the water. I am looking for a replacement for it. A stainless steel cap will be acceptable and I do not want a plastic one. Because of the vintage of my boat, these seem to be quite difficult to source out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Ken

6 REPLIES 6

doctorken
Guest Contributor
I failed to mention that I have a 1988 Sea Ray 390 E.C.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Doesn't your marina have a scuba guy they can push off the dock at the pumpout location to retrieve your cap?

doctorken
Guest Contributor
They lost the cap a few months ago and a local diver swam the entire area of the total length of the gas dock a few weeks later where they do the pump outs and found nothing. He said it was too clean and expects that he was beaten to the punch. Another diver must have been through and scooped everything down there.

fwebster
Guest Contributor
I think the OEM cap was either Perko or Attwood and the threads are 1-1/2" pipe thread.

doctorken
Guest Contributor
I agree with Frank. Just yesterday, a fellow dockmate took a Perko cap off his older Bayliner and it fit perfect on my 1988 waste fitting. He also gave me a 1-1/2" black ABS male plug fitting to try and it fit like a glove. In conclusion the cap is definitely a 1-1/2" pipe thread, so one would think that a replacement cap should not be difficult to find.

doctorken
Guest Contributor
Thank you Frank. I have purched a Perko cap and all is well again.