cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003 Weekender 245 and...

Mr__Sirota
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003 Weekender 245 and need to remove the cabin door for maintenance. Looking for mysterious PDF that explains how to do it.   I heard it is similar to 240 sundancer...  

THANK YOU

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not provide close up images of the door?

It looks like there are probably screws going through the door panel at the top and bottom edges, retaining the door panel to the track trucks. Is that correct?

https://images.boats.com/resize/1/71/84/7217184_0_190920191224_50.jpg?t=1568363009000&w=1200&h=1200

Mr__Sirota
Guest Contributor
Yes, picture is right on. and yes, there are tracks. However they go further into the door than closed door position allows to get to those screws. I guess I can try and see what happens. But also it looks like maybe taking the track off might be better. I don't want to take a helm board apart just to get to 2 screw on the bottom and top. I think there is trick to that, but I don't know.

wingless
Rising Contributor
My boat has a removable panel to expose the hidden screws. It looks like this boat doesn't have such a panel.

If correct, then try removal of the gauge panel to access the screws. Probably a right angle screwdriver is required.

Remember, they built the boat, so there MUST be a way for that to have been completed.

Mr__Sirota
Guest Contributor
good point on gauge, I'll check over weekend. Thanks