cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for the owner's manual...

DB1
Guest Contributor
I'm looking for the owner's manual for a 1990 260 OV. Can anyone give me advice on finding one or that they may own. Thank you
27 REPLIES 27

Drago
Rising Contributor
Google search it. Pretty sure it can be ordered from a dealer that bought the rights to provide that service. Wish I could remeber the name of the web site. If I do, I will post it.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Thank you Drago. I have tried Google without any luck so far.

wingless
Rising Contributor
This web site has a Technical Resources section with manuals for many models and years.

If the desired document isn't located, then Sea Ray might help.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Thank you wingless. Have checked this website and Sea Ray. They don't have it, but thank you for your response

wingless
Rising Contributor
You're welcome.

The Technical Resource section has the Parts Manual and the Specification Sheet for that boat.

They also have the 1990 270 Pachanga Owner's Manual, that might have enough similarities to have some utility.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Thank you again. I have the spec sheet and the parts manual and looked at the 270 Pachanga owners manual that helps but there are many differences but that may be the best available info available. Thanks again..I really appreciate your ideas

wingless
Rising Contributor
It would be TERRIFIC if Sea Ray made an effort to post these documents for all their boats on their website: Specific Information Manual (Owner's Manual); Owner's Manual Supplement; Parts Manual and Specification (Brochure).

These documents are very useful and are a good starting point for acceptable ownership, maintenance and support for the boat.

They could / should post whatever information is available for these older boats.

Not everyone (or every boat) has all the required documentation. Sea Ray is the only resource available to support long-term ownership to this group.

wingless
Rising Contributor
There is a 230 Overnighter Owner's manual and a 260 Sundancer Owner's manual for sale on eBay.

DB1
Guest Contributor
I couldn't agree with you more. I wonder just how difficult it would be for Sea Ray to keep information on their boats. You would think it would enhance their product line as well giving much needed information to their customers.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Thank you again wingless for the Ebay information. I will check it out.
I have located another 1989 SEA ray 260 OV owner in the area. Waiting for a response from them regarding if they have an owners manual.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The scanning of an existing manual sounds like your best bet.

My boat came w/ a small suitcase full of manuals and documentation, that I have added to over the years. Now I have a bursting suitcase and a pile of documentation.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Wingless.....I was able to scan a copy of the owners manual so thanks again for all your help and ideas

wingless
Rising Contributor
Great news!

Thanks for the update.

Good luck w/ your boat.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Thank you again and good luck with your boat too....

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks.

I'm waiting for some parts I've ordered from China for my next big project, results to follow...

My boat is doing outstanding.

DB1
Guest Contributor
Glad to hear your boat id doing outstanding. I hope to get this
older boat in as good as shape as I can, Many of the parts are no longer carried by Sea Ray so I was wondering.....Do you know of good aftermarket companies. I would like to replace the exterior hull window trim which has been discontinued by Sea Ray....any ideas???? you seem very knowledgeable. If its easier I can also
be emailed at [email protected]. Thank you again

wingless
Rising Contributor
By exterior hull window trim, does that mean the rubber screw channel gasket at the bottom of the Taylor windshield or something else?

DB1
Guest Contributor
I tried to send a picture but file was to large and the boat is at the marina for service. It's the actual trim piece around the window. The spec sheet for the 1989 260 O V from Searay.com shows it well but maybe to much hassle to bother with that. Thank you.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Around what window(s)? What is the material for the part that will be replaced?

https://forums.iboats.com/filedata/fetch?id=7195012&d=1394542574

Does the linked image show the part to be replaced?

DB1
Guest Contributor
Sorry...not the windshield. Trying to take a picture of part A7 on the parts list but I can't get it down to less than 2mg so I can't send it. Out of control. Haha. It's only about two feet above the water line on the bow. I have a call into my daughter who is a professional photographer so she will be able to tell me how to reduce the mags. Thanks

wingless
Rising Contributor
The four oval stainless trim rings that cover the perimeter of the fixed tinted Plexiglass windows?

DB1
Guest Contributor
They are injected plastic but they do cover the perimeter of fixed windows

DB1
Guest Contributor
Looking at the picture you sent earlier again....Yes, in the shadow below the dock you can barely make out the hull windows and yes, two on each side of the boat. Thanks

wingless
Rising Contributor
On my boat, those fixed hull windows are Bomar Gray Series, as-shown in this catalog.

http://bomarinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Bomar_Catalog.pdf

Do they have a size that will fit your application?

On mine, about a decade ago, I had a plexiglass guy make new panels. Now mine look new again.

DB1
Guest Contributor
I will measure my windows and see.
The picture you sent me is your boat? If so ....what is it? Thank you again and especially for the Bomar catalog

wingless
Rising Contributor
You're welcome.

Not my boat. It is your model, for sale somewhere.

DB1
Guest Contributor
I thought it looked like mine. It has the high, walk around rails which is different than mine. Have a great weekend and I'll let you know how the hull window trim works out