cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own s 2008 290 Amberjack. Hopefully...

drsteves
Guest Contributor

I own s 2008 290 Amberjack. Hopefully this is not a stupid question? But what does the Glomax device do?

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
The 14” Glomex saucer antenna provides radio and television reception. There is also a wall mount +12V or 120VAC to +12VDC powered TV signal amplifier, which includes a bypass position to select the transom F connector for CATV input.

drsteves
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your quick response! But my guess is that this antenna does not support digital on the air signals. What is the control for? Does it adjust the gain on the antenna? Sorry for all of the questions!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes it works fine for digital over the air broadcast TV.

Yes the control is both amplifier signal gain, plus the full CCW detent position selects the transom F connector CATV input.

wingless
Rising Contributor
On mine, I removed the 120VAC to +12VDC wall wart, behind the ‘fridge when I changed the TV to one that would run w/o shore power or generator.

My amplifier is now wired, per ABYC, to 12V so I don’t need AC power to watch over the air television.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The TV / FM splitter is located under the dash on my boat, with antenna wires routed to the TV and to the radio from that location.

drsteves
Guest Contributor
Ok. I have to upgrade to a tv that can decide digital signals or get s converter.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Good luck with the selection.

There was incorrect information previously provided. The FM is grabbed from the VHF antenna, from a box under the dash, not grabbed from the Glomex TV antenna. Sorry for the confusion.

drsteves
Guest Contributor
Got it.

falcor
Guest Contributor
the Glomax antenna allows you to pickup TV signals, when used with the amplifier, which requires 12v & located in the v-berth, is able to amplify the signal. If you install a splitter between the antenna & the amplifier, who can also receive am-fm signals.
I also have a 2008 29AJ. I purchased a small smart tv so it can be viewed anywhere and connected it to the Amp. I just use the "drop down" for CD's

drsteves
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info!