cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased 2005 Sundancer 260....

CAR847
Guest Contributor

Just purchased 2005 Sundancer 260. The cabin door is difficult to slide closed without a great deal of effort. Any suggestions to make it slide easier?

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
There are four four-wheeled trucks that ride in the upper and lower tracks.

Those trucks will fail, losing a wheel, making the door difficult to open.

Replacement trucks may be purchased to restore normal operation.

Note that there are three sizes (heights) of trucks, so use the correct parts or they will not work.

First step, make sure that there isn't crud in the tracks. I use garden hose fresh water, after vacuuming to keep mine clean.

Good luck w/ your new boat.

https://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/62/24/6466224_20171021113441090_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1279848

CAR847
Guest Contributor
Thanks!

Den
Guest Contributor
You might also take a grease cutter cleaner like Totally Awesome and some Q-Tips or small cloth patches and clean the “top” rail of the sliding door. Use a stiff wire to push cleaner soaked patches along the length of the rail. It gets full of greasy grime and dirt after a few years. It’s a best first try before trying to disassemble the door and boat to get at the trucks on the bottom rail. Suggest you do your best to clean the bottom rail as well. When finished use some white lithium spay grease to lube both rails. This worked for me! 2001 Sea Ray 280 sun sport. DennisB (Buffalo NY).

CAR847
Guest Contributor
Thanks