cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding Cabin Door Problem: 2001...

Den
Guest Contributor

Sliding Cabin Door Problem: 2001 Sea Ray 280 SS

The cabin door is very hard to open and close requiring significant force to do so. I have cleaned the exposed track and lubricated what I can reach with lithium grease. There does not appear to be anyway to adjsut it and I cannot get it to operate smoothly. Picture attached.

Questions:

1- Anybody had this problem and have a recommended approach to fix it?

2- How do you remove the door so I can to get at the interior parts and track?

Thanks

Dennis

2 REPLIES 2

johnfalk
Guest Contributor
I have the same problem on my 1996 Sundancer 250. I have been using silicone lubricant, but have to do so every couple of weeks. My cabin door runs under the helm, and a dealer told me they would have to remove the whole helm station to get the door out and then they would put a third party produced track under the door. Total cost would be over $2,500. I am still using silicone.

Trulli
Guest Contributor
We have a 2000 Sundancer 290 with same problem. Cleaned it good and also used silicone - still doesn't work great but like John said, too much of an expense and hassle to replace. I'd rather deal and put that money to new upholstery. 😉 We sprayed with hose good under track and has been working better but will probably never be perfect. Bad design on Sea Rays part with the doors. I hear this a lot.