cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries - 1980 Express Cruiser 300

uncharted_water
Guest Contributor

I recently purchased a 1980 Express Cruiser 300. In it were three batteris aft of the engines that I assume are for cranking and also running some other accessories. However, these were not traditional marine batteries with a post and stud, rather just posts and everything was attached with wing nuts. Additionally, under the floor of the cockpit captains seat was another battery which I presume ran the rest of the accessories and appliances in the cabin.

Being as this boat is 41 years old, has several owners and not all of the original documentation is in tact, I'm having a hard time searching for any information about the original batteries that would have been installed by Sea Ray. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has this boat and could recommend a battery(ies) that they currently use.  Or, if someone knows the specs required for cranking on the engines and what the load of the accessories and other appliances are, I could find an adequate battery online. I don't want to just replace in kind or take a short cut by installing the same, or similarly rebuilt batteries (which I did come to discover the more I researched the stickers on the existing batteries).

Thanks,

Francis

0 REPLIES 0