cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Afternoon Fellow Sea Ray Owners: First...

2022_SDX270
Guest Contributor

Good Afternoon Fellow Sea Ray Owners:

First I hope everyone is having a GREAT Labor Day Weekend! I wish I was out on the Lake - ALAS - someone has to work 😞

We are ordering a new 270SDX. I have spoken to SEVERAL current Owners about the interior color options - particular the "Dune" and Tan flooring. All LOVE the way it looks but ALL indicated it is too HOT to walk on or sit on during the summer months. That will NOT fly with my family. Apparently the tan SeaDek Flooring is fine to walk on (swim platform or in the interior area).

Because of the universal comments about the Dune being too hot, we will order with either the Ivory or Grey upholstery with and the Gray "snap in infinity woven vinyl flooring (Gray SeaDeK on swim platform).

My question to all - pro's con's on Grey or Ivory - especially as it relates to temperature. We keep our Boat on Lake Martin in Alabama - so summers are warm. A bit concerned about Ivory (basically white) showing dirt etc. We do "dry store" the boat when we are not at the lake - so it goes inside.

Our current '09 240Sundeck has off white (Ivory??) and it is fine to sit on without a towel (has carpet flooring). Will sell the boat once the new one arrives in the spring ...

Thanks for any comments with experience/suggestions on color!!

Happy Boating,

Bill

10 REPLIES 10

monzhahn
Guest Contributor
Oh Bill

Bill_S_
Guest Contributor
We have a 2020 SDX 290 with the grey upholstery and grey Sea Dek. Absolutely love the color. I’ve had no issues with dirt or staining. C deck cleans very easily. As long as you’re using towels that are color safe and won’t bleed when wet, you should be fine. Keep the cockpit covers on when in storage.

eSelectAuto_com
Guest Contributor
I have a 2021 270SDX with stone Gray and gray Infinity woven final no issues and Love the Color combo.

tolatron
Guest Contributor
I have the ivory in mine. It is fine everywhere except for the sun pad where it tends to discolor.

mariogolombek
Guest Contributor
I have a 270 SDX for sale at Marine Max Miami. Upgraded to a 320 Sundancer. My 270 has ivory seats and we applied Vanguard since day 1. Boat is still perfect.

RMS
Guest Contributor
We had a 270 in grey and loved it. No real issues. Have a 230 now in white ivory and hate it

2022_SDX270
Guest Contributor
RMS, if I may ask - Why do you hate the Ivory??

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
We have the white interior with the grey woven infinity snap in. The infinity does get a little hot I was surprised.

RMS
Guest Contributor
It is always dirty looking - bug, a little bit of dirt just jumps out. The 230 is just a bit too small for me as well

2022_SDX270
Guest Contributor
Thank You to all for your comments and suggestions. We just ordered out 270 with the ivory upholstery and the gray woven vinyl snap in flooring. Delivery in March April … can’t wait!!!