cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning. I’m in a 58 sedan...

CaptBill
Guest Contributor

Good morning. I’m in a 58 sedan bridge. I have 2 issues: I occasionally get an air pocket in my a/c pump which causes all my units to go to P5 and shutdown. I bleed the pump with the allen screw  on top of the pump and it is fine until it happens again.  Why does this happen? 

2: I get water under the master stateroom flooring. I changed the check value, but still get water. There are no hoses or signs of where it is coming from other then the check value. Is there something I need to do to the check value?  I’m afraid I’ll get to the boat and find a few inches of water on the floor. 

9 REPLIES 9

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Replace the pump with the new style self priming pump did it on my boat about $400 for pump have to get elbow fitting for pump in order to hook up hoses for units

CaptBill
Guest Contributor
Thank you Big Mike Any brand you recommend?

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Dometic PML 500

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Dometic PML 500

CaptBill
Guest Contributor
Thank you

101Marine
Guest Contributor
Just a little further input and information. Air is entering the system so it could be the pump or something allowing air to enter but I would suspect that if the leak was from the pump there would be a spray of water from the high pressure side or a continuous problem if it was entering from the suction side. You might even see bubbles in the discharge water.
The a/c Vane pumps are not good at priming nor holding back the water when stationary so maybe a simple down loop in the outlet side of the pump might stop the water draining back to the ocean when the unit is off or cycles off.

101Marine
Guest Contributor
And with water leaks on floors - Make sure to fix is asap. Continuous leaks = damage and mould. Is it from the a/c drain pan? Check slime and build up in the drain hose and make sure that there isn't a loop - it should drain easily.

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
Just a suggestion do you have a pan under the A/C. On my 310 I had a crack in the pan where the hose fitting attached to the pan. I would find water in the cabin bilge. I couldn’t replace it without taking the the whole A/C unit out. I mixed up some marine Tex epoxy and patched the crack. No more leak. No more water.

CaptBill
Guest Contributor
Thank you seabuz. I found the new check value to be leaking still. I changed to a Jabsco CV and it stopped the leak.