cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,having my 2009 sundeck reupholstered...

CTsundeck
Guest Contributor

Hello,having my 2009 sundeck reupholstered but want to be sure I’m matching the colors back to stock.looking to get my build sheet or determine what colors (white/grey)

my HIN :serv3122d909

pic attached

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum,

Color matching of 11 year old fabric will be difficult / impossible.

Even if the identical color / fabric is identified and located, then the aged and sun faded fabric will still be different.

Also, there is variability from lot to lot of one fabric.

My suggestion is for the person doing the upholstery to bring a fabric sample book for selection. Also have the entire boat done with just ONE lot of fabric, not ordering additional material for one more cushion at a later date (that will never be an identical match).

KevinC
Guest Contributor
I agree with the above and we do upholstery work. Brand new vinyl compared to an 11 year piece that has been sun weather and used most likely will not be an exact match. On my 2004 340SDA I have a brand new filler cushion that was never used and stored inside - it looks nothing like the original vinyl.

There are several whites in different supplier lines that will most likely come close enough to not be distinguishable but that choice would be best made out in direct sunlight.

As far as the complementary panel I would just choose something that work with the color scheme or go with your own color set if you want to give it a more modern or personalized look. The bulk of your expense is in the labor not in the material choice.

-Kevin

CTsundeck
Guest Contributor
I am looking to do the whole boat.just wanted it to match original oem

wingless
Rising Contributor
Note that as part of the restoration, the OEM upholstery has Sea Ray embroidered onto the cushion(s).

It is possible to recreate that feature using a computerized sewing machine. A nice clean logo file is required.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Try Albrightsupply.com you can call them,I matched my white vinyl color and texture perfectly on my '04 DA.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Just a FYI, you can buy embroidered pieces from FP Marine and have you upholstery person sew the panels in. It'll look like a factory job.