cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I just purchased a 31’...

Bandnew
Guest Contributor
Hello,

I just purchased a 31’ 2016 Sundancer and I am having trouble draining my swim platform wet storage. It has 2 drain holes but does not drain automatically. I also cannot locate a bilge switch for that storage?

Any ideas?

Thank you,
4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Another owner on this forum, @Matthew Yates, also has a problem w/ water pooling in the transom locker. That owner didn't mention ineffective drains.

On that problem, the bottom surface slopes down to the bow of the boat, making any aft drains, if they existed, ineffective. Is that also the problem here?

An image would be helpful.

There are one foot square colored floor tiles that create an elevated platform for this purpose. A drain to the bilge could work. Has sealing the intrusion been attempted?

Bandnew
Guest Contributor
Thank you for writing. These are wet storage tanks on the swim deck. We put ice and fish in here so it will constantly have water in them, purposely.

I don’t have a photo if them open but here are the hatches.

DWW
Guest Contributor
I just store fenders in there and anything else that can get wet and stay wet. Water pools on my 310 as well.

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
I have the 2010 310 with those lockers and use them for fender storage also but wish they had been better designed.