cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone I have a 2000 270 Sundancer...

Dendog
Guest Contributor

Hi everyone I have a 2000 270 Sundancer with the 7.4 bravo 3 ever since I bought it the steering was always stiff I replaced power steering pump actuator cable is good still is stiff any ideas I would appreciate thank you

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the manual.

It includes setup and adjustment.

http://download.brunswick-marine.com/filereader/file/pdf/5/enen/mercruiser/drives/865612t00/865612t00_2.pdf

Dendog
Guest Contributor
What do you mean by setup and adjustment?

wingless
Rising Contributor
Shown on pages 2A-18 through 2A-24.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
I agree with wingless about using the set up manual, but I also suggest that you start by separating the outdrive from the steering system. Your problem may not be in the power steering components but may be in the hinge mechanism of the out drive. The 2 systems can be separated by removing the Clevis pin that is located on the steering arm that comes thru the transom. Behind the distributor..once removed you should be able to stand behind the drive and easily rotate it side to side. Let us know your results.
Stuart

Dendog
Guest Contributor
I did do that to it moves freely when disconnected I printed out the manual that wingless sent me I’ll go from there thanks guys

CapeCodGuy
Guest Contributor
I had a similar issue on my 310. First replaced power steering pump. Then the cylinder. Then the rack and cable. Finally it works as it should.