cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am  new owner of a 2105  Searay...

MarkO
Guest Contributor

I am  new owner of a 2105  Searay 260 Sundancer.  Purchased in May with only 27 hours on it.  the boat had been mostly in dry dock covered storage.  I am having intermittent power issues ...with full throttle I can not exceed 3000RPMs and the boat will not come out of the water and plane out.  this is with proper trim and propeller position...we have changed the two fuel filters in the fuel line, seemingly resulting in better performance, however temporarily...MM service has the boat and claim they cannot replicate the issue..  they are saying that I may have been overweight ...I have had this situation occur with 4 -7 people on board...

does anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to the problem and solution??  Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Doesn't the time travel machine that delivered the 2105 boat provide high-test ions for improved propulsion?

My assumption is the boat bottom and the propeller are clean.

Does the boat operate properly w/ only one big butt on board? Has MM been able to attain proper performance? What RPM was achieved?

My assumption is this has the 350 Magnum MPI w/ Bravo II.

Has the operating fuel pressure been measured? Has the engine been interrogated for fault codes?

Does the boat have old fuel, how old? Is the flame arrestor clean? Is the intake plenum clean? Have the distributor, rotor and spark plugs been inspected? Have the spark plug wires been measured? Has the timing been measured?

The fuel injectors are critical for proper performance. I sent mine out for cleaning and testing and attained a significant performance improvement, because they found bad parts and parts that needed cleaning. The parts were returned w/ a certificate suitable for framing.

Has the compression been measured, what are the results?

What is the condition of the raw water passages in the exhaust?

Bryant
Guest Contributor
I had a simular issue not saying that this will be it but in my case it was the fuel pump. Best of luck

Shorebum97
Guest Contributor
If you have a closed cooling system, the water pressure sensor for the heat exchanger is notorious for going bad because it is exposed to raw sea water. I had a problem with my 240 Mercruiser 350 where the monitoring system would limit the RPMS because it was getting intermittent fluctuations in the pressure readings. The good news would be that it takes about 5 minutes to change out.

Milton
Guest Contributor
I had a similar problem. My problem was corrected when I changed the fuel injectors. Maybe you just need one or two correct this. However my boat had been sitting up like yours and that solved my problem.

Captain_Jeff
Guest Contributor
Similar to Milton, I had to rebuild my fuel injectors in one engine (5.7 Ltr). I had already tried the fuel filter and some fuel/injector cleaner. Rebuilding them made all the difference in the world.