cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have '03 42 sundance and the...

BAREFOOT
Guest Contributor

I have '03 42 sundance and the system monitor head screen isn't showing all the words anymore when button is pushed to check system. the back says part #984690. Is this replaceable or fixable?

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The display is not possible to repair. The MFG potted the parts within the hardest, most brittle epoxy, making the entirety of the important contents completely destroyed when attempting removal for repair.

The last of the NOS parts were consumed about 6 years ago.

There are several manufacturers offering systems that provide superior functionality as a replacement alternative.

Here is a part for one option.

https://www.amazon.com/Maretron-DSM570-Resolution-Display-Enclosure/dp/B08C22R3HL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3M7SDFZI9HSL5&keywords=maretron+display&qid=1655652765&sprefix=maretron+display%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-4

CCH
Guest Contributor
I have the same boat, 03 420 diesel, my screen has been bleached out since I got it about 5 years ago. As long as all the alarms work, bilge pump, oil pressure and water temp, I don’t see a need to replace it. If I get an alarm I just check oil pressure and water temp on the gage and then take a look at the bilge pump outlet to see if anything coming out. Other than the oil pressure alarm at start up I have only had one trigger and it was just water sloshing in the bilge that cleared itself.

Charlie51
Guest Contributor
Go to gaugesaver.com. they are in Florida and can repair the screen for about 150 bucks.