cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2002 westerbeke gen.(2002...

dannysale1
Guest Contributor

I have a 2002 westerbeke gen.(2002 410 express) I have been having issues with fuel pump quit working. Don’t use gen a lot. When I do use it fuel pump last about five hours continuous use. Then it’s toast, I thought it was a heat issue, so I made a bracket and got it away from gen., close to blower. No luck, I checked voltage at fuel pump while running, no load, 15.25 to 15.40. At battery it is 15. 60. Asking is the voltage burning these pumps up? In the 15 years of owning this boat , probably went through 8 fuel pumps.

4 REPLIES 4

tolatron
Guest Contributor
As far as I know it should be somewhere between 13.25 and 14.25 at the most while running. Seems you are over where it should be.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The fuel pump on my 2000 7.0kW BCGB gasoline Westerbeke has always been fine. (Knocking on wood)

When I swapped the failed backend a decade ago I also freshened up the rest of the generator, including the intact / functional fuel pump section.

The obscene / single source replacement parts costs has bugged me, so I was happy to have located an identical aftermarket fuel pump at a reasonable cost. I created a replica label using my Brady label printer to match the OEM label.

The fuel pipes were replaced w/ OEM parts and everything got a fresh coat of paint.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51425410197_b14b787c9d_c.jpg

dannysale1
Guest Contributor
Thanks two both of you

wingless
Rising Contributor
The @Anthony Latronica information is 100% correct.

It sounds like the engine voltage regulator is toast.

If that is the only problem it is possible to swap just that module, or swap the whole alternator using a marine part.