cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior upholstery 330 2008 Sundancer

JPS123
Guest Contributor

does anybody know to remove the panels around the v berth - our were stained when we bought it and now finally getting around to repairing them

11 REPLIES 11

wingless
Rising Contributor
The interior v berth panels on that boat look similar to the ones on my 2000 380DA.

Here is the 2008 330DA master stateroom.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/68/1/306801_20200710105210320_34_LARGE.jpg

Not having removed those panels on my boat, but from having examined the construction, it appears that those panels have a bonded wooden board attached to the rear, creating a strip that is used for attachment to the interior.

On my boat it appears that vertical screws are driven down, through clearance holes on the interior shelf into that rear strip, attaching that v berth panel to the interior.

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
I called Sea Ray (321)449-8628. They were so helpful. He pulled up the instructions of how to remove the ceiling and emailed them to me

Hi Chris,

Would you be able to forward the instructions to me? I have tried inquiring with Sea Ray and was told they cannot support boats older than 10 years. The only information I was given is that it is held up with christmas tree clips. Nothing of location of where they are or how to access them.

my email is [email protected]

JPS123
Guest Contributor
thanks Chris - I called the number and they said they don't support boats over 10 years old - contact the local dealer
I think Wingless is right the screws are covered by plastic caps but I am just trying to figure out a way of taking them off and not ripping the vinyl.

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
i can send you what i have if you want to give me your email. My boat is 20 years old, and i got it last week.... I think it depends on who you get to answer the phone. Maybe try a couple times and keep track of the names.

Chris, any chance you could email to me as well? [email protected]

many thanks

98 searay sundancer

JPS123
Guest Contributor
great thanks - [email protected]

wingless
Rising Contributor
My assumption was that the vertical side panels required removal.

If the overhead panels must be removed, then the covered and padded plywood panels on mine are retained w/ hidden perimeter screws. Those screws are covered w/ the padded fabric, tucked in at the seams.

Those hidden screws may be located by feel, or by factory documentation drawings.

JPS123
Guest Contributor
thanks yes it is the vertical panels that need removing - my query now is the screws are covered by plastic caps that are stuck to the vinyl. How can I get those off without ripping the vinyl?

[cid:8f7029b8-7285-4491-ac1c-b4e26841fe2d]

wingless
Rising Contributor
The image didn't work.

The plastic caps are a two part assembly. The base goes under the screw head, prior to driving the screw, w/ the wide edge lip up. The cap snaps onto that edge lip.

A putty knife may be used to pop off the cap.

The first reply has the info on removal of those vertical side panels, wrapping around the matress.