cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have an L590 Fly we purchased...

Yachts_of_Fun
Guest Contributor

We have an L590 Fly we purchased and brought to MN last year. After a long winter our boat was finally launched last week. Unfortunately we found water in the ceiling panels of our salon area. After some trial and error I believe the water is coming from the drain lines that serve the “rainwater gutter system” in the hard top. It appears from the owners manual that the bridge sink eventually drains into this same system, however, no water appears when using the sink so the leak must be before that tee. I have three questions:

1. Should the rainwater drain lines from the hard top have been “winterized”?

2. How do I access these lines? I think they may be behind the port panel for the hard top support

3. How do I remove the salon tv and/or just the sound bar? I found two upper support screws, but can’t find access to the bottom support. Our sound bar got wet and needs to be replaced

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1

wingless
Rising Contributor
The best condition for a drain line is for free flow to not accumulate water.

A drain like that will have less tendency to freeze. A drain like that will be impossible to winterize.

It sounds like this drain either doesn't drain freely or water enters during the cold winter and freezes along the way. If either is true, then winterizing, perhaps obstructing the drain so antifreeze provides protection during the winter, or possibly also duct taping the inlet to prevent water entering during the cold perior.

For access, everything has access, just the reverse of building.

Why not post images so others (without that yacht) may assist?