cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning fellow Sea Ray owners....

World_hq
Guest Contributor

Good morning fellow Sea Ray owners. I have a winterizing question. I recently purchased a 330 sundancer with 5.7 bluewater inboards. It sits in the water year round in St Charles MO. My question is, is it sufficient to blow out the seacocks and drain all the water from the blocks, risers and coolers and leave it that way? Is it necessary to fill blocks with eco friendly antifreeze? My engines are raw water cooled. 

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
Hi World HQ. I've been winterising my boat up here in Canada for over 10 years. It's a question of peace of mind! I always use antifreeze because there's just a chance that a little pocket of water will remain after you think you have drained everything. The extra cost in antifreeze and time is minimal compared to the cost ($ and hassle) of an engine rebuild. Hope that helps.

World_hq
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply. That's the consensus of everyone I've talked to.

Franic
Guest Contributor
I have a 300 weekender at the Alton Marina and it is also my first boar. EVERYONE I talked to about winterizing pretty much said to add the pink antifreeze. Be sure its the the Pink thats used in the motors not the Pink used in the water systems

greatscott
Guest Contributor
you need to put anti freeze in your motors .pockets of water still might be missed. as well as your water system and in the bilge and a anti rust inhibitor in the 2 motors